Allergist/Immunologists are trained to treat allergies and disease of the immune system, such as asthma. If allergies can't be managed by over the counter medicines, you may see an allergist. You may also go to an allergist/immunologist if you need ongoing support managing an autoimmune disease, like Celiac disease.